Impetus Accessibility Statement
At Impetus we understand the importance of accessibility.
Impetus is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology, ability or impairment.
We are continuously working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website.
We endeavour to conform to level Double A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
We conform with the following WCAG 2.0 guidelines:
Perceivable: Information and control elements are perceivable
- Text alternatives for any non text content, such as ALT tags for images.
- Content can be viewed in text only mode by disabling styles in your browser settings.
- Content flows in a logical structure.
- No instructions for operating content role rely solely on sensory characteristics of components such as shape, size, visual location, orientation, or sound.
- Colour is never used as the sole means for conveying information.
- Text to background contrast ratios are above 5:1.
- Text content can be re sized by adjusting text size in your browser.
Operable: Control and navigation are operable
- All functionality can be operated using a keyboard.
- Items receive focus in a logical order.
- Keyboard focus is visible.
- No flashing content that might cause seizures is used.
- Appropriate TITLE tags describe each page.
- Appropriate link names are used.
Understandable: Information and operation is understandable
- The default language of each web page can be programmatically determined.
- Pages and control elements appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Key navigation is consistent across pages.
- Labels are provided for form elements.
- Errors in forms are highlighted and a suggestion is provided.
- A hierarchy of headings and text are used for content.
Robust: Compatible with current and future user agent assistive technology
- HTML/CSS markup is used for pages.
- Elements have complete tags.
- Elements do not contain duplicate attributes.
- Elements do not contain duplicate Ids.
- Appropriate html tags are used to convey meaning.
This website is built with standard compliant HTML and CSS, meeting W3C standards. The site should display correctly in all modern and future browsers including:
- Internet Explorer 7.0 +.
- Google Chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox.
Happy to hear from you
Whilst Impetus strives to adhere to accessibility standards, it is not always possible to do so.
If you are having difficulty using the website or you have suggestions for improvement, we would like to know.
Please contact us on 01273 775 888