Fundraising partnershipsPosted on 11th April 2019 by Karen Hunter
We’re really delighted to announce fundraising partnerships with these like-minded local organisations for our 20th anniversary year!
• Soul of the City Choir has chosen Brighton & Hove Impetus as its Charity of the Year. Equally passionate about preventing social isolation and loneliness, Soul of the City is a fast growing, contemporary, fun, friendly and inclusive city choir: soulofthecitychoir.com
• Griffith Smith are Sussex-based solicitors, and their staff have nominated us as one of three charity partners for 2019-2020. Griffith Smith have big plans for staff engagement to support Impetus in every way and recognise our fantastic volunteer network is able to reach a large proportion of people in communities across Brighton who need support and services: www.griffithsmith.co.uk
• edoMidas, who deliver management, leadership, communications training and business development, have chosen Impetus as a long-term charity partner to extend their commitment to diversity and positively supporting local communities. They will help Impetus by fundraising, sponsoring events and offering support: edomidas.com
• Little Bit of Theatre is a new local theatre group performing at the Brighton Fringe in May, and they have nominated Impetus as their charity partner. We will benefit from funds raised at each Fringe show and also from fundraising opportunities at other performances.
‘The Art of Caring’ will take place on 09/10 May at The Warren, Victoria Gardens at 6.15pm. We were lucky enough to see a preview last week and it was an incredibly beautiful, funny, heartwarming and mature performance about the simplicity and complexity of caring, loneliness and a moving portrayal of dementia. We would love to see some of you there!
Tickets are £10 each and can be booked over the phone 01273 91 72 72 or online: www.otherplaceticketing.co.uk/4326/the-art-of-caring
• VidaActive Club in Brighton & Hove is run by women who are passionate about fitness and wellbeing and want to share it with everyone. Affordable fitness classes include Zumba, Pilates, Yoga, Combat, HIIT!
Vida Active is hosting a fabulous fundraising event for us on Saturday 8th June and we’d love you to join in, check out the event on our Facebook page. They are also offering a 20% discount on memberships and classes to Impetus volunteers, staff and supporters so why not try a free taster class and then sign up: www.vidaactive.club/
• Legal & General in Hove is kindly organising a charity of the month fundraiser for us in June. So, if you work there or you’re visiting, please donate — every amount helps support our befriending and social prescribing services across city communities: www.legalandgeneral.com/about-us/
• Brighton & Hove Buses have been collaborating with us on their fabulous ‘Chatty Bus’ initiative since the beginning of the year and in return they have supported our charity. Chatty Bus aims to show how catching the bus to different places and engaging in conversation can help to reduce loneliness. We’re keen to continue to develop our partnership with Brighton & Hove Buses: www.buses.co.uk
• Kineo is a global workplace e-learning company based in Brighton. This year their staff will be kindly helping to support our flagship charity events: www.kineo.com
We are so pleased to be collaborating with all these wonderful organisations. They are all keen to raise funds and awareness, support events, engage their staff and members in volunteering, skill sharing, and fundraising activities, as well as discuss other ways we can work together to reduce and prevent isolation and loneliness in our city. More information and updates will follow over the coming months.
We are keen to connect to organisations as well as people across our city to support our work. If your organisation or group would like to help our charity, work and services, then please get in touch with Karen — details below.
Making a donation to Impetus
Some of you have been in touch about how to donate to Impetus work and services to celebrate our charity’s 20th anniversary year.
There are several easy ways to make a single or regular donation to Impetus:
Account Name: Brighton & Hove Impetus
Account Number: 00020058
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Quote reference: 20th Donation
A cheque donation by post
Brighton & Hove Impetus
65-67 Western Road
Hove BN3 2JQ
A gift aided donation online
Click on ‘Donate’
Choose single or monthly donate
Please get in touch with Karen on firstname.lastname@example.org / 07977 222597 if you would like to raise funds for Impetus or have any ideas you’d like to contribute.